Essentially, you’ll notice many motives to pay a little bit more and obtain the Paperwhite.
Abhishek Muli, a writer on the site ‘Quora.com’ broke it down to 5 concise things, which I will reveal with you here (on the foundation that I go along with all of them and simply paraphrased his commentary feels not right). He believed,
- 1. For one, it’s touch controlled and just more convenient to handle in general. It’s hell of alot easier to say, annotate or highlight text.
- 2. The built-in light in Paperwhite, is an awesome feature. To give an example, there may be times when say, you want to just sleep off while reading but don’t want to get up to turn the light off (personal experience) and it will come in very handy. Essentially, ambient light will no longer be a requirement. How awesome is that! In fact, for this sole reason I had considered getting a nook from barnes and nobles, but decided on kindle just because it was well, kindle.
- 3. The old kindle screen, while awesome, has a dull grayish appearance instead of white if the ambient light isn’t bright enough. Not much of a problem, but it’s always bothered me a little.
- 4. The 3.5 mm jack won’t really matter. If you want to listen to audiobooks or music, I guess you wouldn’t be using your kindle for that anyway. I at least haven’t used mine even once.
- 5. All of these, plus the increased resolution and more font choices (another thing I’ve personally always wanted), make the ruling heavily in favour of the paperwhite. In my opinion, it will be money well spent”.
Evidently, most of these advancements revolve around the display, but when you’re handling an eReader, a good argument might be made that the screen is the single most vital component.
The Paperwhite’s built-in light is a fantastic enhancement, but the Paperwhite can also be far better at managing Online access and is, on the whole, much more user-friendly than other kindles. In my own Kindle Paperwhite Review, I wrote,
“Essentially, it’s an update of Amazon’s original Kindles and is, I feel, a worthy successor”.
This just isn’t to mention that there’s anything at all wrong by the old 5-way controller Kindle. The old Kindle was a popular product for a very good reason, it’s just of the fact that Paperwhite is the modernized version and, being a result, makes it a substantial step up.
When the previous models of that Kindle were being created, eReaders were still a comparatively new product, it had far less customer comment for designers and engineers to work with. Today, however, with ebook readers, tablet pc’s and smartphones taking a major part of our daily lives, Amazon have plenty more to go on and have redesigned the Kindle appropriately. They have done a fantastic task of keeping what was wonderful about the previous, but improving the aforementioned areas.
That’s in all probability why the Kindle Paperwhite Reviews were so garrulous and that’s why the Paperwhite is, generally speaking, a better option.